1. Join Reggae Nights summer concerts at James Island County Park
Want to start the month with good vibes only? Don’t miss the Reggae Night Summer Concert Series at James Island County Park. The concert series features traditional old-school roots reggae with a new school attitude in a beautiful outdoor setting. There’s a concert on July 15.
2. Visit this unique unicorn farm in South Carolina
Spend a magical day visiting this Unicorn Farm in South Carolina. Hidden Pasture Unicorn Farm has 19 magical and friendly equine animals on site, and they all have beautiful stories which they will gladly share with you.
3. Spend a creative day in nature at the Artcelium Fest
You’ve got a date Sunday, July 10, at the Woodlands Nature Reserve for a creative day at the Arcelium Fest. It will feature live music, live art, workshops, open mic, local vendors, food trucks, nature trails, kayaks, paddle boarding, and overnight camping.
4 – 11. Start your summer days at these cool juice bars in Charleston
Whether you’re looking for a detox from the weekend, a daily green juice, or a quick breakfast, these Charleston juice bars will make your summer mornings a whole lot better.
- Clean Juice West Ashley
- Blend Juice Bar
- The Main Squeeze
- Rush Bowls
- Eucalyptus Wellness Co
- Five Loaves Juice Bar
12. Spend the night at this hidden vineyard in South Carolina
Cartersville Country Winery is a magical place where you can camp, eat, drink and celebrate. Try different types of wines produced on.-site and buy your favorite bottles to enjoy back home.
13. Have tea at this South Carolina tea room
Spend a cozy afternoon having High Tea and cucumber sandwich at Laura’s Tea Room in South Carolina. Hats are encouraged.
14. Drink and eat at this poetic tavern inspired by Edgar Allan Poe
Poe’s Tavern in Charleston is a unique and macabre spot to spend a quiet afternoon reading, having a drink, and eating a hamburger with friends or work pals.
15. Celebrate Gullah people’s history at the 18th Annual Sweetgrass Festival
This year’s festival will feature:
- Hand-made arts
Admission is free and will take place at Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
16. Relax, rejuvenate, and realign with yoga classes at the South Carolina Aquarium
Beat the heat and join a group of yogis from a special evening Yoga on the Harbor program. It times perfectly with this month’s full moon or “Buck Moon.” The class will take place on July 13 from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
17. Sign up for the Charleston Youth Triathlon
The triathlon will take place on Saturday, July 30, 2022, at 7:15 am, and there is registration for two different age groups:
- 7-10 year-olds
- 11-15 year-olds
Put on your running shoes!
18-21. Listen to enchanting performances at these candlelit concerts
Calm your mind and experience fantastic music in a new light with these sensational concerts by candlelight in some of Charleston’s most beautiful venues. Here are some of the ones that will take place this month:
- A tribute to Queen and more
- A tribute to Taylor Swift
- Vivaldi’s Four Seasons and more
- Classic Rock on Strings
Featured image by Charles F. Gibson from Shutterstock