Who else is ready for Thanksgiving? The 45th Annual Turkey Day Run is confirmed to take place in Charleston this November 24, and registration is open for runners of all ages.
Known as a Charleston Thanksgiving staple, the Turkey Day Run was once held from the Holy City to Summerville and was later changed to a relay race.
Nowadays, it’s a fun activity for people of all ages, featuring a 5k run and walk for adults, a post-race celebration, and a children’s fun run.
The five-kilometer race winds through downtown Charleston and out to the peninsula. Runners and walkers will be able to work out while enjoying the beautiful scenery and historic landmarks through a semi-flat course.
Important: No strollers will be allowed on the course.
Have fun after the run!
This is not only a running. Celebrate Thanksgiving with all participants in a post-race celebration that includes music, free food, and beer (for those 21+) as well as many fun activities for the younger ones.
- November 23, 9:00 AM EST – Race Expo / Packet Pick Up
- November 23, 6:00 PM EST – Race Expo / Packet Pick Up Close
- November 24, 7:00 AM EST – Race Day Registration / Packet Pick-Up
- November 24, 9:00 AM EST – 5K Run & Walk
- November 24, 9:00 AM EST – Post-Race Party Begins
- November 24, 10:30 AM EST – Children’s Fun Run and Awards to follow
This year’s prizes include gift cards for top runners up to a $500 value.
When: 📅Thursday, November 24
Where: Marion Square 📍 329 Meeting St
Registration is on their official website.